Thursday, July 14, 2011

Santa Claus from America

Hello Everyone. Do you Remember me?? :) 


Today, I would like to tell you about heartful stories. 


On June 19th, at the Hearing Loss Association of America's convention, I met two ladies who came from TN.


They asked me to help deaf/hard of hearing children in disaster areas. 


Soon after I got this wonderful question from them, I e-mailed to the Professor in the University of Tokyo. 


He agreed with their suggestions, and he tried to contact schoolmaster in deaf school in Fukushima.


"How many deaf children are there in Fukushima??"


The schoolmaster told us "There are 69 children around Fukushima." 


According to schoolmaster, there are 4 deaf schools in Fukushima.


I told these information to two ladies who I met at the HLAA convention. Then, they corrected staff animals, coloring books, crayon, tooth pastes, tooth brushes,  and 


And, they sent these donations to my house in Indiana.


On July 13th, I returned to Japan with a lot of donations. 


And, I went to Fukushima with my friend by his car. 


Today, I visited two deaf schools in Kōriyama City and Iwaki City. 


All Children were always smiling at me. 


They were very strong and pure persons. 


I'm glad to met these brave children. 


I attached two photos on this article.


I now can tell you the truth strongly, "JAPAN IS SAFE." 


Please do not misunderstand about people of Japan, especially Fukushima. 


Tomorrow, I will visit two more deaf schools in Fukushima.


I will upload more pictures on this blog. 


Anyway, thank you very much for your kindness, HLAA Nashville Chapter!!




At Deaf School in Koriyama City 

At Deaf School in Iwaki City

2 comments:

  1. Hi Airi,

    Thank you for your email msg. It's so nice to see and learn about your follow-ups in the disaster areas and learn how the deaf children are faring.
    Marcia whom you've met at the conventio nis now back in Istanbul. We both enjoyed meeting you and thank you for yopur thoughtful initiatives to remember those who suffered in the triple calamities
    of Fukushima. Please keep up your good work.
    Victor Matsui
    Trustee, Hearing Loss Assn of America

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Airi;
    Thank you so much for the wonderful photos! What a joyous moment to see the children smiling! We have four more large boxes of supplies for the children there in your schools. One will be shipped tomorrow or the next day. The others will come in a week or so. I hope that you will still be able to get these to the children in the other deaf schools. I'm sorry they didn't arrive together. We have been working to get the money to ship the boxes. God bless all of you!
    Your American friends,
    Kate Kanies, President
    Hearing Loss Association of America - Nashville Chapter
    (Santa Claus from America)
    kdriskk@aol.com
    www.nashhhville.org

    ReplyDelete